A Variety of Veterinary Services for Lake Elsinore's Pets
Mountainview Small Animal Hospital is a full-service pet health care facility. We are a team of highly trained professionals focusing on cat and dog health. We offer a wide range of services to keep your pet happy and healthy for a lifetime.
Our veterinary services include:
- Allergy testing and dermatology —Dogs and cats, like their owners, can experience a variety of allergies. Allergens in their food or in their environment are responsible for more than 30% of the skin irritations that pets experience.
- Boarding —Treat your furry friend to a vacation while you’re on vacation. At our boarding facility, your pet will be taken care of and loved while you are gone.
- Cardiology —Pets can suffer from many of the same heart and lung conditions as humans. Cardiology focuses on the cardiovascular system, including the heart, blood vessels, and sometimes the lungs.
- Cryosurgery —An alternative to traditional surgery for our geriatric, cardiac and other medically compromised patients.
- Dental care —The toxins from dental disease are absorbed into an animal’s bloodstream. As the kidneys, liver, and brain filter the blood, small infections occur, causing permanent and at times fatal organ damage. Dental care for your pet is among the top priorities for preventive care.
- Emergency and critical care —We provide excellent emergency care at our facility. By handling the unexpected and being prepared to deliver the best care, we can manage emergencies quickly and efficiently.
- End-of-life care —Coping with the impending loss of a pet is one of the most difficult experiences a pet parent will face. Whether your pet is approaching his or her golden years or has been diagnosed with a terminal illness, it’s important to calmly guide the end-of-life experience and minimize any discomfort or distress.
- In-house laboratory and diagnostics —With our advanced in-house laboratory, diagnosing and treating your pet is fast and accurate.
- Laser therapy and pain management —Laser therapy is a noninvasive procedure that uses light to stimulate cells and increase blood circulation. It is quickly becoming a core practice of ours. At the correct laser wavelength, pain signals are reduced and nerve sensitivity decreases. The procedure also releases endorphins, or natural painkillers, and reduces inflammation, which helps speed up healing.
- Nutrition —Nutrition is important to pet health. We are dedicated to helping you learn what your pet needs to stay healthy, happy, and active. Making sure your pet eats what he or she should and not what he or she wants is the best way to ensure those needs.
- Orthopedics and surgery —Procedures are offered for a variety of problems, including:
- Anterior cruciate ligament repair
- Congenital defects correction, such as patellar luxation
- General orthopedic issues, such as fracture repairs
- Thoracic and abdominal surgery
- Soft tissue and reconstructive surgery
- Pharmacy —With our in-house pharmacy, we can fill your pet’s prescriptions before you head out the door. We also have an online pharmacy, for those who prefer to have their pet’s prescriptions mailed to their home.
- Digital radiology and ultrasound —Digital radiology and ultrasound are essential, noninvasive components of veterinary diagnostics in animals, because accurate interpretation of medical images is critical to developing an effective treatment plan.
- Wellness care —Preventive care and pet parent education are our main focus. This starts with proper and up-to-date vaccinations.